Start Single frauen thurgau

Single frauen thurgau

As the Habsburgs sought to consolidate their position in the Thurgau, they granted the castle to one of the most important families of the Habsburg gentry, the Landsbergers. Between 14 the city was under the auspices of an imperial provincial governor.

The Kyburgs did not hold sovereign rights in Frauenfled.

It is therefore uncertain whether the city was founded by the Kyburgs really with the tacit approval of Reichenau, as was earlier believed.

The city was integrated into the Habsburg Amt of Kyburg.

In 1374, the Habsburgs bestowed the right of judgment for all of Thurgau (which then included St. In the 14th century the castle became the administrative center of the Habsburg Amt of Frauenfeld.

Catholic membership in the town council never fell below 33% and the two denominations alternated appointing mayors.

For church affairs ever existed a Protestant and a Catholic Grand and Lesser Councils, which supervised the two schools in the city.

On the ruins of the villa, an Early Middle Ages cemetery was built, and by the 9th century, the Oberkirch church was built.

Perhaps as a result of royal donation in the 9th century, or more likely a donation in the 13th century, the area around Frauenfeld belonged to the Dinghof (a church or monastery owned manor farm) of Erching.

Between 1500/15 and again in 1712, Frauenfeld was the site of the Tagsatzung assembly. As the city grew in importance, the houses around the castle grew into a weakly fortified city.

After 1499 it was also the home of a Confederation court. The city was separated by a wall and moat from the castle.

The tower was for a long time in the hands of the Knights of Frauenfeld-Wiesendangen.